With a newborn baby comes sleepless nights and days with little time to spare thinking about creative meals. Not only is time limited but tight budgets become essential. Eating leftovers or whatever happens to be in your pantry becomes the norm but doesn’t have to mean the quality of you meal is sacrificed.
With this in mind Thanksgiving leftovers can create wonderful meals in minutes. Using turkey and Kraft Shreds Mexican cheese as my basic ingredients I whipped up these delicious turkey enchiladas the night before I went into labor.
1. Leftover turkey
2. Kraft Shreds Mexican cheese
3. Enchilada kit (or Enchilada sauce, taco seasoning, tortillas)
4. Optional: Bell peppers and/or onions
1. Put leftover turkey in a pan along with onions and peppers. Add taco seasoning and some water and simmer until thick.
2. Lay tortillas out flat and spoon the turkey mix into the center of the tortilla and be careful not to fill in excess. Fold the tortilla and place in a casserole dish – seam down. Repeat until the casserole dish is full (and eat remaining turkey mix with a spoon :) )
3. Spoon enchilada sauce over tortillas and generously disburse the Kraft Shreds Mexican cheese over the tortillas until covered.
4. Cover the casserole dish with aluminum foil and place in oven and bake for 25 minutes at 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
5. Remove aluminum foil and place under the broiler until the sauce and cheese are bubbly.
6. Serve with sour cream and guacamole!
If you need more inspiration, check out the Cooking Up Good website. It has recipes, sweepstakes, loyalty programs, coupons and more! What’s not to love? If you’re looking for a new dinner idea or a chance to win some awesome prizes, be sure to check it out!