Happy Valentine’s Day everyone! Are you up to anything special tonight? Hubby and I are doing a special dinner tomorrow night…I’m very excited!
Yesterday, house bound due to another snowstorm and quickly running out of food, I decided against braving the elements and instead used what I had in the fridge to whip up a quick dinner.
All I had was some week old kale and a lemon. I remembered this recipe that I had pinned a while back and decided to try it. It didn’t disappoint…yummy AND healthy! Winning combo in my books.
- Enough spaghetti for two (I like to use gluten free)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Bunch of kale (washed, veins removed and pieces finely chopped)
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
- Juice of half a lemon
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- When the pasta is almost done, heat the oil over medium heat in a large skillet.
- Add the kale, red pepper flakes to taste, and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook and stir for 3 or 4 minutes, until the kale starts to get a bit crisp.
- Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for another minute.
- Add drained pasta, lemon juice, and Parmesan cheese, and stir to combine.
- Serve immediately.